It’s Friday and I’ve been on spring break all week. I had so many things I wanted to get done this week. But I didn’t really do most of them. Nor did I do anything particularly fun. It’s been a snot-fest around here with me spontaneously bursting into tears, not the least of which was last night after I burned the maple syrup I’d be carefully boiling down for two days. My one accomplishment of the week is charcoal, and so is my favorite pot.
But! But! There have been some upsides. And for the sake of distraction, I’d like to record them.
1. I’ve improved markedly in my fiddle playing. I’ve played my small, imperfect repertoire dozens, maybe even hundreds, of times this week and I think I’m sounding better.
2. My house walls are full of chipper post-it notes with uplifting messages such as, “My best is good enough” and “It’s okay to make mistakes.”
3. I’ve been on several walks in the woods.
4. I’ve done a lot of crafting. Not much knitting – my wrists still hurt – but I have been working on my needle felting. And that has been really enjoyable.
5. I’m all caught up on sleep. (If only it felt like it.)
6. I’ve made some important and helpful realizations.
7. P and I have spent a lot, and I mean a lot, of time cuddling.
8. P and I built the beehive for the farm this week. And I’m going to paint it a ridiculous, brilliant orange. That makes me happy.
9. I got out of my own little head for a weekend and went and protested in Madison. That also felt really, really good.
10. Tonight P and I are going out for a fancy dinner and dancing. We haven’t done that in ages